View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 06:48 AM
Richard A.

Compared to Phil's Ruth & Young, this is smaller than small potatoes.

Over the years, I have turned my collection over many times, and sold hundreds of cards. There is a small handful of cards I'd have loved to have kept, but parted with for financial reasons. Many of them went to great people/collectors, which, oddly, makes me happy to have parted with them at that time.

But then there are some cards that, regardless of where they went, I really really wish I still had.

Five or so years ago, in what I now consider a moment of insanity, I sold nearly every card in my George Gibson collection. I kept two cards out of about 60 in case I ever returned to collecting George Gibson cards. There were a few that I immediately regretted parting with.

As we enter 2012, I am on the verge of resuscitating that collection. Now more than ever I regret not having kept just a few more of those Gibson cards. In some cases, I think I'll just have to ante-up to make up for my mistake, but in others, I think it could be a really long time -- if ever -- before I see some of these cards come available. The ones that immediately come to mind:

e92 Croft's Cocoa
e104-II blank & nadja backs
e105
T205 Piedmont 42

Regards,

Richard.