View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 06:29 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default the photo part

Quote:
Originally Posted by prewarsports View Post
I dont think it is good. Leons is clearly real (color contrast between the light wax paper and the dark ink images of the graphics) where yours is sort of brown. I tell people to look at the borders where it should be creamy white, the fakes are all aged too much in general.

I bet I have seen (ebay/in person/auction catalogs) 300 of these in the last 10 years and only 2 or 3 have been real, they are basically (with a few exceptions) all fake which is very unfortunate because they are such beautiful items.

Just my opinion, but these are some of the most faked items in the hobby besides Fro-Joy Ruth cards.

BEST WAY TO TELL is to look at the creases on the white border. If it is real wax paper the crease will actually break the wax and create a white line (see Leons) but if it is printed on paper and made to look real the crease will just be a paper crease and not change the color of the item. If that makes sense to people?

Rhys
Now that you mention it Rhys, you are probably correct. I was really only looking at the photo which is not grainy. The paper should be wax type paper. I have a bit of trouble telling these from scans.......I would take your opinion over mine on this. Now if we had them in person...I think our footing would be more equal .

I didn't care for the staining on the top example but I didn't weight it enough because I focused on the photo part too much.