View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 09:36 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper View Post
Tough to tell from a tiny scan. If you were selling an item for $1,800, wouldn't you pay the extra 25 cents or whatever to have the image larger so the item could sell itself?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
Zipper - the seller does not have to pay extra for the larger size copy. A seller would have to disable the enlarge feature on ebay.
The other possibility is that the original image as they uploaded it was tiny. Ebay doesn't enlarge items that are thumbnail size to start with.

It never ceases to amaze me the lousy pictures some people post with high-priced items. I mean, if you're selling a "junk drawer" collection of stuff you found in your granny's house, I can understand not investing in a camera and just using your phone's built-in camera. But on a higher-priced lot, a good clear picture or two from even a cheap digital camera will more than pay for the cost of the equipment upgrade. Unless the intent in the first place was to let the viewer's imagination fill out the poor visual representation of what they are hoping is a poorly-represented gem of an item. My thinking is that if they know enough to legitimately ask $1000+ for an item, they know enough to show it clearly too...

Last edited by thecatspajamas; 12-28-2011 at 09:41 PM.