View Single Post
Old 12-25-2011, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone193 View Post
First, I just want to say I've seen some truly amazing pickups/finds!

This pin - I've rarely seen since the Phillies were only called "bluejays" for a short period - and it was unofficial.

And in the world of lobby cards - this one is a whale for me - one of my favorite Sci-Fi movies of the 50s - This Island Earth title card.

Oops - what? Another whale? Yes! The Thing! 1951.

A very cool "rescue cat" whose mom left her litter on my porch - and later died of feline aids - we named her Sadie:

A really neat "coke" advertising piece that still lights up and the clock works!

My 27th variation to my collection of Take Me Out to the Ball Game sheet music - I'm working with Tim Wiles - Director of Research - at the HOF on cataloging all the variations - I've provided an update to their list of 5 - I'm short 2 from my total list of 29 - which includes some variations of the same singer - this one is Richard Burton:

The original artwork for the 1955 Yankee's WS press pin:

Tobacco store advertising piece with original frame:

A beer advertising piece - New York Yankees - in the most incredible condition I've ever seen with respect to this piece:

On the toy side - this Dick Tracy car is pristine - I got Noel Barrett of the Antique Roadshow to authenticate it for me!

I'm gonna call it quits with this one - the centerpiece of my Hartland collection - Ted Williams - Box - and Tag!

It's actually whiter than this pic:

Thanx for viewing and a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Great stuff, Mike R.!!

Merry Christmas!