View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 05:48 PM
Frank Wakefield

I praised the site... it's good. it's useful. I thanked them. I didn't sling crap at it, I'm not envious, and I do care about the weather in Baltimore.

But notwithstanding the 'clean slate' claim, there should be acknowledgements to Mr. Egan and his list, Mr. Hietman and his Monster, Mr. Lipset and volume 3 of his Encyclopedia, Scot Reader and his Inside T206, the massive collecting, collating, and information sharing of Ted Z, and others, Mr. Arnold, Mr. Sloate, there are more... The guys that put that site together have feuded with some of those that deserve recognition. The makers of that fine site should acknowledge what went before, and failing to do that they detract from their own site.

I don't need mention there. But I have come to regret selling some cards to some of the folks associated with the site. And I still say it's a good site. Thanks again, guys, for putting that together. And if me thinking that has some of you thinking I'm silly, that's fine with me. Maybe silly me should cut and paste the entire Net54 Vintage Pre-War baseball card site, cut out your various names, and create a book about old ball cards. No need to attribute anything to anyone, evidently.

Last edited by FrankWakefield; 12-22-2011 at 05:52 PM.