View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 02:42 PM
Zach

When I have sold on ebay, I always indicate in the listing that I expect payment or at least communication 5 days after the auction ends. I then do not bother my buyers until the 4th day then I leave a very polite courtesy reminder that payment is due the following day. Then on the 5th day I leave another message saying I need payment but very politely. Then on the 6th day (I have never gone further than that) I leave a message in the morning a little firmer, then later that night I give second chance offer to the lower bidder. If they pay on the 6th day right before I offer it to someone else, in the feedback I mark it positive but I say nothing about speedy payment, I simply say "paid" or "ok."

If I buy an item, I inform the seller in advance before I hit that "make a offer" "buy it now" button or bid if I can't pay within 3 days then I tell them how much time I need. If I do not pay 1 or two days after the auction ends and as long as it ends on a friday or saturday I just wait til I have the money within 2-3 days later, since they can't ship anyway, but I will always answer questions.