View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 12:02 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Speaking from experience, as this was pretty much how I got started on eBay, it will be a trade-off of time and effort vs. $. If you consign the lower tier stuff, it will require minimal effort on your part, but the auction house will likely lump it into big lots that will sell for whatever they go for. If you do it yourself on eBay piece by piece with an eBay store, you're going to wind up putting more time in on the front end, and depending on how you price things, it may take a long time to sell everything at fixed prices. If you do eBay auctions, you'll get your money quicker, but won't get as much for the stuff. If you have an idea of how much you would like to get for each item, you might get a pretty good jump just posting on the B/S/T board here.

Basically, the quicker you need the money and less effort you are willing to put into it, the less $ you'll get back. If you are able to survive spreading it out over time and put some work into it yourself, you can make more.

Or, if you're not careful, you may find yourself in a new career as I did a couple years ago when the commercial construction industry pretty much stopped and I left my job as a civil engineer to "do ebay" full-time

Last edited by thecatspajamas; 12-09-2011 at 12:06 PM.