View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 08:27 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfc1909 View Post
Ted

I believe you collected 206s in the 80s-I never said I didn't. I don't believe you collected the backs and kept track of what existed and what didn't. You had a mix of backs in your set just like everyone else did because no one paid much attention to the backs except the Barnings. I am sure some others did but you were not one of them. If you did collect them then, you would not be claiming you completed so many subsets now in the middle and later 2000s.
You remember things differently than they happened about us setting up to gether at shows and that is fine.

What is not fine is when you put out bad information and bogus claims of completeing sets. Each time you are given factual information that shows your information is not accurate you say something like you need an edification or someone is reinventing the wheel.

I get tired of hearing how many sets you completed and how much of an expert you are. Each time I have asked you to show the sets you claim to own, you do not have them to show. I don't have a vandetta I just stated what happened when you are called on showing what you claim to own.

I didn't contact anyone about you either, I typed what I had to say right here. I came to your table and talked to you face to face about the AB 460s and the Nicholls. You can't create chase cards that no one will ever find.

I can come to the Philly show Saturday if you will show me the 151 Sovereign 150s that you claim to own.

1st.....YOU DID NOT KNOW ME IN THE 1980's. Or, for that matter most of the 1990's. So, what in the hell gives you the right to publicly state such blatant lies
here as to what I collected and what I did not collect in those two decades ?

Can you RESPOND to that simple question.....right here and now ? ?

2nd.....Regarding your " I get tired of hearing how many sets you completed and how much of an expert you are. Each time I have asked you to show the sets
you claim to own, you do not have them to show "

Well Jim, at the last Valley Forge show you and I set up in, I brought my complete SOVEREIGN set for you to see. You flipped a page (or two) of my set's album
and that was the extent of your interest in this very unique T206 set. I just guess that you are an "uptight" guy, who does bother to spend 5 - 10 minutes to go
thru pages of my album. But, that's you, others have completely viewed my SOVEREIGN set (including Hank & Scott Levy, Jerry Totino, and John Wonkaticket).

Furthermore, you never saw my 75-card AMERICAN BEAUTY 460 sub-set, so how can you say I didn't complete it ? Yes, I sold 28 cards from it at the Oaks show.
They were "beaters" that were inconsistent with the 47 cards in my set that range from Vg to Ex. Since then, I have recovered 6 of the 28 that I sold. And, this
time I am being more selective; therefore, it may take me 2 - 4 years to complete it.

3rd.....Regarding your " I can come to the Philly show Saturday if you will show me the 151 Sovereign 150s that you claim to own. "

You question my numbers, then why didn't you pay more attention to my set when you had the opportunity and count the 151 - SOVEREIGN cards in the 1st series
of my set ?
I am sure you will recall that I arrange my T206's in my albums according to their 3 series (150-350-460). So, it would have been very, very easy for you to do the
count.

Anyhow, I will not be attending this weekend's Valley Forge show, as we are having friends visiting us for the weekend. Otherwise, I'd be willing to meet you there.
Jim....a little bit of simple math wiill provide the answer to your concern regarding the SOVEREIGN 150 series composition. There are 156 subjects that comprise the
150 series. American Litho. did not print the follwing subjects with the SOVEREIGN 150 backs......

Jennings (portrait)
Lundgren (Cubs)
Magie
Plank
Wagner

Therefore...... 156 - 5 = 151

And, indeed there are 151 cards in my SOVEREIGN set with the "SOVEREIGN 150 Subjects" printed on their backs

TED Z