View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 08:41 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfc1909 View Post
"Most would say I wrote the book on the T206 SOVEREIGN cards with all the research I have done on them these past 5 years."

For those of you new to Net54, this book by Ted -- like all of the Zanidakis classics -- can be found in the fiction section of Amazon.com.

In your own words -you found the other 5 superprints in 11 months-I would say that is rather quick-1 card about every 60 days.

The group shared accurate lists with you around 2004 or 5 and you started posting them on 54 and getting some new confirmations and all was going good-it was a positive effort forward. At some point you decided all the research was done by you and claimed all the work as your own and you had been doing it since the early 80s. Just funny how all the collector/dealers from the time remember you as the Bowman guy.

That wasn't so bad until you started claiming you completed all these sets and subsets that have cards in them that do not exist. The main one being Nicholls in the Sweet Caporal 649 34 card subset. You insisted the set was 35 cards and you completed the set. When you were called on it, you had sold the set and faked a scan of Nicholls to prove its existance.

The same situation happened with the American Beauty 460 75 card set. When you were called on it you had 35 cards and just happened to sell 40 cards including the Cobb for 4k just before I got to the Philly show to see them.

I would caution Bill Browns super set entries by TZ.

We still respectfully share concrete information with you and you refuse to see it and continue to tell us how many cards you collected and how much you know.

We are just showing the facts how these Sovereign 460 superprints are no more difficult than a good portion of the other Sovereign 460s. It is not true that they are more difficult than the other 460s as once thought.

Where do I start here......I'll try starting with this statement of Jim's:

1st.....Jim says " In your own words -you found the other 5 superprints in 11 months-I would say that is rather quick-1 card about every 60 days. "

You are contradicting yourself. You just told the world here that these SOV 460 super-prints are not as rare as I am contending, yet you are surprised that I
acquired 5 of them in less than a year. So, what is it....Jim, get a grip ? ?

FYI....Scot Reader clued me in about the Chance and the Matty being available, so I acquired them within a month of completing my 402-card SOVEREIGN set.

[linked image]

In the months to follow I won these SOVEREIGN 460 Hal Chase cards and Evers from ebay.

[linked image][linked image]
[linked image]

2nd.....Jim says " The group shared accurate lists with you around 2004 or 5 and you started posting them on 54 and getting some new confirmations and all
was going good-it was a positive effort forward. At some point you decided all the research was done by you and claimed all the work as your own and you
had been doing it since the early 80s "

OK people....now this claim about me not giving credit to other Net54er's (Barry Arnold, Art Martineau, Frank Wakefield, Brian Weisner, etc., etc.) is sheer "B-S".
And, I can produce many, many threads to prove this. I am tempted to bump up these threads to show what kind of a fool Jim is making of himself. However,
flooding pages of Net54 with my old threads would drive every one here "bananas".

Furthermore, Jim claims that I didn't collect T206's in the early 1980's. Well, there is a Net54 member, Barry Sloate, who can vouch for the fact that I was col-
lecting T206's in the 1980's. I met Barry in 1983. He sold me some of my rare back T206's back then. In 1997, I sold Barry my near complete (1st) T206 set of
521 cards (with MAGIE).
You see guys, Jim DID NOT know me back in the 1980's, so where is he getting this fictional crap that he is spewing ? Is he living in "LA-LA" land ? Actually, I
have a darn good idea who fed him this crap, but that's for another day.

So much for Jim's continuing "B-S". I hate to say this, but lately, Jim has become an "angry man". I met Jim several years ago at the Ft Washington show. Jim
was a friendly guy back then and I sold him T206 AMERICAN BEAUTY's, BROAD LEAF's, CYCLE's, EPDG's, HINDU's, etc. at some really fair prices. In fact, I'd save
these cards for him since he usually arrived at the show on Saturdays. Furthermore, I would share with him my T206 expertise, which he appeared to appreciate.

In recent years the Philly Show moved to Valley Forge and the booth fees doubled in price. To continue this pricey show, I decide to share the booth with
another dealer. I gave Jim first crack at it. And, he was excited that I considered him. For a number of reasons both of us did not do that well at this new Philly
show. But, so didn't the other vintage card dealers. However, Jim and I stuck it out for 4 shows. Then we parted ways.

Hey guys, I could continue this for a lot longer, but I will spare you the "gory" details.....of how Jim has been on a vendetta to diminish my reputation on this
forum by contacting many Net54 friends that I have made on this forum and demeaning me.
And, it deeply bothers me that Jim, in his obsessive vendetta, has alienated me from some of my good friends on Net54. When Jim started bashing me, I wish
some of these good friends would have contacted me to get my side of this story.

Jim (and Tim), I was keeping this to myself....but, here goes....at the Chicago National this past summer many Net54er's visited with me (as they usually do).
And, quite a few wanted to know what was going on with the two of you in your constant bashing of me this past year ?

I took the "high road" and just changed the subject of conversation. However, I will tell you, Jim & Tim, that the further you persist in diminishing me, the more
you are diminishing yourselves....in the opinion of these fellow Net54er's. They don't tune in to this forum to read your constant negativity. It's time that the
both of you realize that your recurring criticisms of me and your snide remarks are back-firing on you.

Have a good night.

TED Z