View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 12:31 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Oaks Philly Show

1st......contrary to some rumors, Marco said the next Oaks Show is scheduled for the last weekend of April 2012.

Like Dan M, I had a very good show. In fact it exceeded any one of the five Valley Forge shows that I had set-up at in 2009 and 2010.

For example....many of you are familiar with my T206 "junk box" (priced at $20/card, or 6 cards for $100). I usually start with 50 cards.
This weekend I re-loaded it several times (142 cards were sold from this box).

Here's a flavor of some of the cards I sold....T206 Matty, several T201 and T202 (stars & commons), 1941 Play Ball's, some T209's, and
a bunch of 1948 - 1952 Bowman's.

And, except for one graded T201 and one graded T202, the rest were all RAW......I am sure that makes Dan M

Todd (bbcard1) and I had a great trade in which I helped Todd with 53 - T206's for his set. I think he needs only 50 more to complete it.

But, I can't say enough for the great conversations I had with Dan McKee, Levi Bleam & Jim, Leon Luckey, Ken Cohen, Mike Peich, Alan
Rosen, Dave Czuba, Bob Steinberg, Val Kehl, William Chappell, John Hom, Peter Putman, Dave Hayward, Peggy and Adam Lawrence, and
Andy (who I started him on an N162 set).

Also, John (Wonkaticket) who made my day on Sunday by spending some nice $$$$ on T-cards, while we were exchanging stories about
Greek restaurants here in Pennsylvania.

The way I see it....Auctions houses, nor Ebay....will never really replace the human interaction enjoyed by many of us at these shows.

T-Rex TED

Last edited by tedzan; 11-15-2011 at 11:02 AM.