View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 01:25 PM
Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by taborton101 View Post
Hey everyone - I'm hoping someone has a good book / reference on the Doyle N.Y. Nat'l, specifically, some history on how it came to be the card that it is today...ie, I know there are only a handful of them, but why has this card's variation taken on such a life of its own??...there are many other 'error' cards, or variations, where it was quickly caught and corrected during printing, on numerous T206's that I've seen over the years, and for which I only know of a handful or less of people who own or have seen that particular variation (e.g., names incorrectly spelled, missing team names, missing logos etc.)...yet these are viewed as commonplace and can be bought cheaply. Why is the 'Nat'l' so special??

Any info / refs. are appreciated.
This card first came to the public eye in 1987 in the "Sports Card Collectors Digest." You may want to see is that periodical is at a local library, but here is a link I found on google from an old REA auction that talks alot about it, and it mentions that 1987 periodical. http://blog.robertedwardauctions.com/?p=109

Last edited by zljones; 11-06-2011 at 01:28 PM.