View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 01:15 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
Ebay has installed so many mundane rules to their listings that it's hard to keep track sometimes.

Recently I had a bunch of auctions I scheduled bounced back to me because I used an old template I forgot to update the wording to, and it included the phrase, "Please don't bid if you don't agree with the shipping rates and terms", or something of that nature.

In Ebay's opinion it is now against the rules to discourage bidding from buyers you think might cause you trouble.

They say it's for my own good, so who am I to argue?
haha - that's great.

I had an auction pulled because it was for an old pack of baseball cigarettes. I added a disclaimer indicating that you should absolutely never smoke opened packs of 80-yr old cheap cigarettes that had been chewed on by bugs.

Another got pulled because I mentioned that a pool cue had an ivory joint. Now I state that it's a bone-like material commonly found in hard items on animals that grow out of their heads.

It's important to note that most of the time when you have an auction pulled, it's because someone who has a hard-on for you has alerted ebay - ebay is all about the $$$ and will overlook most things unless their hand is forced.