View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 11:13 AM
Steve Birmingham

The Doyle error was an easy fix. They probably just went over the "natl" with a limestone crayon. So they found it early, fixed it quickly- probably didn't even need to remove the stone from the press, and went on printing.

Magie was a tougher fix, requiring the stone to be redone, or perhaps partly redone. If it was caught early, it might have been worth doing. I think the names were the only thing done in that brown color.
Maybe Magee saw the card and complained?

The other name/team problems may not have been caught till later, or not caught at all.

So if you're running the factory, and find a mistake after you've printed say 9000 of 10000 sheets do you have a new stone done to fix it? Then have to decide wether to ship the incorrect ones or 9000 wrong ones and 1000 right ones? Or do you just get like Sgt Schultz ( I see nothing!) and finish the print run and ship them?
Keeping in mind that these were pack stiffeners and just happened to have some sort of subject printed on them as a free giveaway, I'd finish the run and ship them if there wasn't a complaint.

Steve B