View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 08:13 PM
Craig Diamond

Default T3 Turkey Red find !! Pics added

Hello all,

I was contacted recently by a gentleman in South Carolina who was looking for information on a large group of Turkey Reds in his possession.

The vast majority of inquiries like this turn out to be someone with a stack of reprints. He did mention, however, that there were a few boxers in the group, so my ears perked up as I don't recall seeing a T9 reprint set.

Long story short, the cards were originally collected by his grandfather as a youth, passed to his father in the early 50's and then passed on to him upon his father's passing in 1996. They sat untouched since then.

The group consists of 86 T3 Turkey Reds (23 HOFers w/Cobb, Young, Speaker, 2 Lajoie, etc), 6 T9 Boxers and a lone Old Mill cabinet. The majority are first series cards and in fine shape. Interestingly, the grandfather's signature appears on one or two of the card backs.

Waiting for the Fedex guy over the last day or two has been a struggle and I am so glad to have the collection here with me now. As an aside, I promised the gentleman that I'd scan all the cards and create a photo book for him and his sons in honor and rememberance of their collection. Pretty sure I'll keep a copy for myself as well.

Very exciting to be able to re-introduce these cards to the hobby after 100 years.

Happy Collecting,
Craig
Attached Images
File Type: jpg t385.jpg (77.3 KB, 560 views)
File Type: jpg t3 87.jpg (77.2 KB, 550 views)

Last edited by T3s; 10-26-2011 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Pictures Added