View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 05:43 AM
Barry Sloate

I consider a lot of what people say during a transaction to be background noise, and I try to tune it out. I don't care if you're buying something to give to your sick grandmother, or that you promise to keep it in your collection until the day you die. Every transaction is an agreement between a buyer and a seller, and once the buyer receives payment, and the seller receives the merchandise, the deal is completed. Of course you would ideally like to see some good will transacted too, but it's not a contingency of the deal. If I sell you a card and five minutes later you douse it with kerosene and light a match, I may be very disappointed but I have no control over it.

Unfortunately we don't live in a perfect world. People do lie, some have a change of heart, some run into financial troubles, some have bigger eyes than their wallets allow and have a need to sell the card they promised would never leave their collection. Just make sure that you are happy at the point you sell something, and understand you can't control what might happen in the future. I wish everybody were totally honest in their dealings but they are not. But I wouldn't sell something based on a sob story; economics is what dictates the deal. Understand that going in. and don't set yourself up for disappointment.

Last edited by barrysloate; 10-23-2011 at 05:52 AM.