View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 12:12 AM
Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstudeba View Post
They are nice, and come up with some regularity. Putting together a set would be tough but rewarding. Everything is relative, but I don't think these come close to the extremely rare designation.
It is interesting to note the difference in opinions here, and dstudeba is certainly correct that everything is relative. I personally have not seen many in any of the major auction catalogues (and I receive most of those), and as stated, saved ebay searches for many months have simply come up with the same handful of cards being offered at intervals of several weeks to months. It will be interesting to see what the pop reports reveal 5-10 years from now, but with the prices some of the better players are commanding, I would expect to have seen more graded and offered. Putting a set together would certainly be challenging, and that's what a lot of the fun of the hobby is all about! I like them a lot, and plan on eventually adding a number of the HOF'ers to my little group to keep Walter company.

PS: You're quite welcome, Jeff. Just those of yours that I've seen posted constitute a great collection of cards!

Happy collecting,

Larry

Last edited by ls7plus; 10-19-2011 at 12:15 AM.