View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 10:36 PM
Curt

Default Mel Ott Religious Card ID Assistance?

I found a small lot of completely unrelated baseball items on ebay while doing my daily Steve Garvey search and this Mel Ott postcard sized item was included which really caught my eye. The lot was not listed for long and had a cheap BIN price, so I went for it. It is not in perfect shape, but it just might be worth the price of the lot.

It is about the size of a postcard and has a slightly glossy surface with blue type. On the back, it appears that Blue construction paper was used, but it doesn't seem like this was glued on. If it was, the person did a fantastic job. I don't want to try to peel from a corner or edge just to find out. It may just be originally how this card came.

Is anyone familiar with this item? If so, can you tell me the approximate time frame or range it might have been available or made/issued? If it was some sort of Sunday School/church promo type item, it could have been used for several years I suppose. He managed from 1942-1948, so it seems reasonable that it could be from this time period, but I just don't know.

Any help is appreciated.