View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 12:05 PM

Default T201 complete (Finally)

Well, this only took me 7 years to complete, but it has been alot of fun.

I picked up my first T201 (Elberfeld/McBride) in 2004. I had always wanted a Cy Young card and happened to pick up a T206 and T202 of Cy Young and in 2004 and happened to purchase the T201 because I hadn't seen anything like it. After researching the T201, I figured it was easily doable and decided to start collecting the set. The search was fun, traveling to the back room of SCP to a backlot of Paramount Studios to pick up a Ex-NM Walter Johnson/Street. There were long hiatuses (obviously), but every once in a while, I would pull out the box and marvel at them and then search for a few more. A few weeks back, I did just that, realized I was down to 11 commons needed and decided to try and finish the set for the 100th anniversary of the set. It picked up a lot of steam when Brian at Sterling Sports Auctions indicated that he had 7 SGC graded (mostly 40s and 50s) for sale at a killer deal (thanks Brian). That was all I needed. Down to Woodruff/Williams and Grant/McLean. Those arrived this week along with the box (1911, factory 30 on the tax stamp).

This set is mid-grade. A fair to poor here and there, but mostly VG to Ex. I'll probably upgrade a few, but I'm glad it's finally all together.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg t201 set.jpg (76.0 KB, 437 views)
File Type: jpg Mecca Box.jpg (75.7 KB, 438 views)