View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 10:24 AM
David Pierson
Banned

Default We all know

We all know new variations and discoverys happen all the time in our hobby. Collectors from the United Kingdom have extensive U.S. collections..secreted away. There are those in USA that don't "come out of the closet" I know of 2 farm boy brothers near Flint that have collected thier whole lives and began with the fathers collection of scrapbooks. still pasted in...what backs may be there? They also have Shaefer (sp) bread labels with unopened 54 topps packs atatached, apparently given out free with a loaf of bread. Both in their eighties now. They keep the cards in file cabinets like the dewey decmil system size. (not even toploaders. And the bats and balls and mitts would bowl you over. Nothing graded....nothing slabbed.....they have never been to a card show or read a card guidebook....they just like ol time baseball.
Another fellow in Ontario Canada has every hockey card and wrestling card you can imagine...another secret guy. I myself have a modestly extensive collection, but don't show it off much. There are alot of "finds" and major collections yet to surface. dave. ps don't rule any of those rare backs out.