View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 01:27 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Frankly, I think the issue with GSB is traffic. There just needs to be more traffic to make it work since just about everything else is great. A few months ago, I put up for auction ~10 Exhibit cards on GSB with what I thought was a reasonable start price. After a 10 day auction, none of them sold. However, it wasn't the fact that none of them sold that bothered me, it was that there were barely any page views on the listings. Other than when I viewed the listings, it looked like no one else did. When I put the same cards on ebay, half of the cards sold, and typically above the start price.

In fact, if GSB could just get the same traffic that BST on net54 gets, I think that would probably be enough. There are often 50-100 views for each BST listing, and when I've put listings on BST, they've typically gotten really good responses. Obviously, when I price too high, the cards won't sell. However, when it's reasonable, it does.

And of course, if you are able to "get" a listing on the main board for net54, things go through the roof. There was a duplicate Rick Simmons thread here a while back, where the OP put a link to my incomplete ebay listing. After I corrected the listing, I think I got a personal record 150 page views for my auction! The card sold for a fair price, also.

Maybe there just needs to be a new forum on Net54 BST called GSB listings, and where a bot can automatically create listings and links to new auction listings on GSB or something. That might be able to increase the page views and traffic on the site.

Last edited by glchen; 09-16-2011 at 01:42 PM. Reason: corrected misspelling