Thread: WW54ersD?
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 12:53 PM

Mike that's probably what I am going to do. To clarify things, sorry I was typing originally in stream of conciousness style, he said he would sell the card for $500. I agreed. He then sent an email that he was sorry, he didn't realize the card was so rare and said he would have to get $800 for it. I agreed again.
Obviously I didn't know the card was recolored. The dark border was "touched up," according to SGC. When I paid for the item I asked that he guarantee the card was authentic since there are so many counterfeits in this set (T200 Fatima) floating around. He did. The card IS authentic. I am glad I got the card as my set is now complete. I don't mean to sound like I am bitching, I merely wondered what my fellow collectors would do in this situation. There was a front and back scan provided.
I tried to find the original listing but apparently they disappear when an item is cancelled for sale. Again, there were no bids on the item when the agreement was struck if that means anything to anyone.
I am not thrilled about seeing cards I am interested in and bidding on "disappear" off ebay but when you wait several years (and a couple of Nationals) and can't find one, I think many of you would have jumped at the chance too. In Chicago I ran in to 3 other collectors hunting the card. Aggravating. Bottom line, I am ok with an authentic card for the set (it looks like an SGC 50 without the recoloration of the borders) so I will keep it.

Last edited by tbob; 09-15-2011 at 12:54 PM.