View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 10:58 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

dibs j/k

Anyways, sorry to hear this Dan. I think there are alot of us who have chosen to have at least one or two impossible tasks in our collections. It's just natural. It gives us something to strive for and challenge us, while the sheer impossibility assures us that our collections are never finished. One of my impossible tasks is also the HOF rookies, I know I'll never get there, but every once in a while I'll pick one up, and it just completely rejuvenates me, and reassures me that my interest in the hobby is worthwhile and fulfilling.(I literally just picked another up, only 20 minutes after posting this) I pick up new tasks here and there. This set, that set, and whatnot. I know that there are sets that I haven't even thought of yet, that I will have completed before I ever even sniff the finish line of the HOF rookies. And for some reason, I like the thought of that. It's nice knowing that it will always remain the one constant in my collection. However, I'm not quite at an advanced of a stage as you or many others, and the impossibility may prove to be my future downfall as well. It's all about perspective. What's good now, may not be so appealing in the future... Challenges often lead to frustration.

Last edited by novakjr; 09-10-2011 at 11:28 AM. Reason: to add:(I literally just picked another up, only 20 minutes after posting this)