View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
Auction LOA's,,, pre-certified,,, just more mumbo jumbo from authentication services.
You either examine an item or not.
Why are they allowed to get away with this?
"Well, yeah, we sort of looked at that autograph before the auction, but if you want us to REALLY look at it, ya gotta pay up, sucka."
The sad part Richard, I am really starting to believe that they don't even look at the stuff. I wish I had scanned some of this stuff to show people.

The sad part about the lot I purchased, it was about 350 cards. I myself could personally go through in about 15 minutes and pull out the questionable ones. Questionable meaning either I know they are fake or questionable meaning I have not seen many examples of that person's autograph.

Sadly about 30% of this lot were without question bad. WIth another 20% highly questionable. There were forgeries of Harry Carson and Charlie Joiner in this lot. Guys who have signed TTM for years and their signatures haven't changed much at all if any, and they didn't even look like the person TRIED to form the letters correctly.

How does someone who is a "professional" authenticator not know what a Charlie Joiner autograph looks like?!

These auction houses need to start being more careful because you are letting these guys scam you. Many times they are not even looking at this stuff. I used to question if they looked at them, after this last lot, I know without question this authenticator did not look at them.

As I said in previous post, the auction house allowed me to return it but if they continue to not hold these people accountable for their "mistakes" they will have lost my business.