View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 03:19 PM

Auction LOA's and pre certified is something that need to change. With some of the things I have seen authenticators authenticate, I have no doubt many times these authenticators do not look at the items.

Sadly the auction houses do not hold them accountable. They just assume it is an honest mistake when in reality it is painfully obvious to people with autograph knowledge that they did not even look at them.

I recently returned an autograph lot to an auction house because of the large number of fakes. Not only fakes but obvious fakes that took me no more than three minutes to know there were major issues.

To the credit of the auction house, they allowed me to return for a refund. However, what I would like to see even more is the auction house to start holding this "authenticator" responsible for this garbage. The sad part is whoever forged the signatures, didn't even try to sign like the player. They just signed however they wanted to and somehow these passed the "authentication process"!