View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 07:25 AM
M@rk Comer

Clint... I don't think you overpaid at all @ $300 for a FINAL B. Williams negative. Again, congrats on the pickup! I "assume" you're a Cubs fan; have you seen some of the awesome Ernie Banks negatives that have been coming up for sale? I'm really not a Cubs fan per se, but some of the negatives that have come up for sale in the past were very cool items. I find myself bidding on some player negatives that I don't even collect the individual, but the negative is so nice. Problem is I haven't come out on top on any of the one's that I have bid!

Appreciate the input from Steve B. and Exibitman concerning storage and protection issues.

You mentioned ultimately finding the Ron Santo RC negative; I'm unsure if that particular one has come up in the Topps Vault auctions or not, but I have noticed an individual on ebay that has quite a few Santo items for sale (tyweb1). It looks like he collects Santo as well and may have some feedback on the rookie negative. I see he has some of the Topps Vault items for sale although not the FINAL negatives. Thought it may be worth a try to contact this individual.

I'd love to see other pickups from the Topps Vault that forum members have picked up!!!