View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 08:39 PM
James Gallo

I have owned a lot of strip cards, I really like them and am building a 514 set as well as the UNC set Leon showed some examples of. I have never seen any nice looking cards for 10 or less, if they are that cheap they are cut down to hell or really badly damaged. I will keep a nice looking authentic card over a poor looking 10 or 20. Also I have had some really nice looking cards come back authentic and I still don't think any company is consistant with how they grade them.

I was able to buy nice mid grade cards for around $20-30 each from one dealer at the National. They were already slabbed and the prices were very reasonable. I even got some HOF for around 50 in SGC 40 holders. IMO I will never buy a high grade strip (8 or better) as I would just feel it was recently cut down. I would ideally love a SGC 60 set or there abouts.

That being said I have a lot of strips up for auction right now a .99 and no reserve including many W514 Black Sox. They end tomorrow and are SUPER cheap right now, so I hope that what you are saying is correct, otherwise I will take a bath on them including the Jackson.

James G