View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 03:23 PM
Joe Gonsowski

Matthew, I did try to invert colors on McQuaid and can see what looks like part of the "M" and "Q" but nothing more. I could give it a better attempt if I had the card in-hand, scanned it at 600dpi, and played with the brightness, contrast, and color inversion. I'm sure the name is there.

As for Nagle and many others, they can be found at slightly different sizes year-to-year and even within same year (physical size of player on the card). An extreme case of this is Bill Collins who was awarded two different poses based on same negative due to significantly different appearance. One card shows Collin's entire body, the other only "3/4 length". See poses 84-7 & 84-8.

The Brooklyn mini is why Brooklyn was discussed at length in the book (regarding production process that led to normal and smaller appearing players).
- 19th century Detroit memorabilia and cards with emphasis on Goodwin & Co. issues ( N172 / N173 / N175 ) and Tomlinson cabinets
- N333 SF Hess Newsboys League cards (all teams)
- Pre ATC Merger (1890 and prior) cigarette packs and redemption coupons from all manufacturers