View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 11:10 PM

Default What's Hot and What's Not at the National

Feel free to chip in your thoughts, these are mine and granted I didn't see all the sales but this was my take. I have an interest in the following cards and therefore watched these cards more closely.
What's Hot- HOFers in nice condition (regardless of grade) in certain caramel sets such as E93, E94 (almost non-existent though), E97, E98.
Zeenuts. The 1911, 1912, 1913, 1914 and 1918 cards have really dried up and any available sold in a heartbeat. Not many offered. They have become very popular.
T213-1s and T213-3s are on fire. If you can find any. T207 Cycle backs were also hot, I saw several sell for higher prices than I ever remember.
What's Not- T204 Ramlys. Several board members commented on the falling prices on Ramlys and the prices soft. This was evident at the Show.
D310s and D311s Pacific Coast Biscuits. I hate this because I have a number of D311s but they were not selling at the old prices and some sellers stubbornly were holding on to trying to get near the "old" prices and they were just sitting there, especially the D310s. One seller of D310s commented that they had plunged more than almost any set he had seen.
Old Judges. The tough ones did sell but the majority didn't. A previous thread noted prices on OJs on ebay have really fallen and they are readily available on ebay for much less than dealer prices at the Show and their sitting there in the showcases was evident.
E99s and E100s. Wow, these cards have really turned cold and I didn't see any selling at the Show. At one time these were really hot but not now.

Anyone else want to comment?

Last edited by tbob; 08-07-2011 at 11:12 PM.