View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 10:03 PM

Once again, thanks for the great Net 54 Dinner Leon. Not only was it a chance to renew friendships and meet new 54ers but it gives you a chance to learn and gain more knowledge about our hobby and the cards. I want to personally thank Mark Macrae who graciously spoke with me for an hour about Zeenuts in general and the 1911 set and the variations, etc. Fellow collectors giving of their time to enlighten others is the best part of the 54 experience. I have always tried to give back, for instance about the T213 set which I know something about having been in the Southern Find in the 80's and always felt it was important to pass on knowledge acquired through the hobby. Every time I talk to some of the Net 54 guys, I learn something. Meeting Jeremy Jones in person for the first time and discussing T210s while drinking a beer before the Cubs game or talking to Ed Hans and Gary Nucherino over pizza discussing things I didn't know about certain bakery and caramel card sets or listening to Mike Peich, Tim Newcomb and Zack Rice discussing the T209 set they are doing an article on, or talking to Bill Cornell about early hobby collectors, the list goes on and on.
Thanks again Leon and thanks to my fellow collectors for sharing and being such great guys.