View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texigator View Post

I've really enjoyed collecting the tickets and feeling a link to some of the great baseball games.
This is what I really love about it. You just feel this great connection to the game when you have that ticket in your hand. I think about who might have gone to the game, the excitement they may have felt. The players actually playing in that game!

It just seems like such a great way to really connect to some of the historical moments in sports at an affordable price. I really like buying some inexpensive tickets and then looking at the box score for that game.

A couple of weeks ago I bought a group of tickets from the 60's and they were less than $4 each. I looked up the box scores and they were just very interesting. A Jim Bunning two hit shutout, Jim King hitting three HR's in a double header.

I started because I always wanted a ticket from the first Super Bowl I ever watched(XI). Then I got a Super Bowl I ticket and then got some baseball tickets, including a ticket to a Federal League game.

Just fun stuff!