View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 10:53 AM
Vincent Hecksel

Hey eds10 . . .

For me, the National Show is as much for the museum quality stuff to see and talk about, as it is for finding items to purchase. I've been to seven National shows, of which I only make purchases at four shows. But even though I was shut out at three of them, I still had a fantastic time. The variety and quality of items on display, for sale, or hidden behind the counters is unbelievable. And if you happen to be an attentive listener (or even better, blessed with the gift of engaging others in conversation), the stories told by both dealers and other collectors alike, will add significantly to "the National" experience. I once had the opportunity to meet an eBay archnemesis at a National show because I overheard him telling of his conquest of an item we both were bidding on. Imagine the look on his face (and the sound of his jaw hitting the floor) when I approached him, called him by his eBay member ID, and identified myself by my eBay member ID. Priceless. Turns out he wasn't such a bad fellow, and now I have a face to go with the eBay member ID during our next eBay go-around.

If funds are short for shopping (but still can afford the $15 one-day entry fee), and if a day trip to/from Cleveland is tolerable, make plans now to attend the 2014 National show just for the opportunity to see some of the neatest collectibles in the hobby.

Last edited by HexsHeroes; 08-03-2011 at 10:53 AM.