View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 11:08 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Default Near miss...Cards that you've personally taken out of existence...

Whew!!! I just had a close call.

Here's the story. I had purchased a 1948 Bowman Sain card a few weeks ago on ebay. The day it came, I grabbed the mail as I was leaving and opened the mail in my van, and put the card in the sunglass cubby...Now, here comes the problem. I scrapped the van last tuesday(completely dead, not worth fixing) and cleaned out everything, EXCEPT the sunglass cubby(there's too many damn hiding places in vehicles nowadays). I'm never this negligent with cards, but Sh*t happens sometimes. I felt bad, not because I'd lost a card, but because I thought that I had personally taken it out of existence, and decreased it's population by 1.

Luckily, I was able to track it down today, and while buried in a pile of other cars, the place told me the van wouldn't be shredded 'til tuesday, and that they would set it aside so that I can get to my stuff out of it(various paperwork and old ticket stubs from when I had the band and such). Now, at the very least, I feel better knowing that the card still exists.

What I'm getting at here is, does anyone else have any interesting stories about how you've personally decreased the population of a card? Lost, destroyed, whatever?

I'm obviously looking for more than the old "cards your mom threw out stories", but those would apply too... Stories about how you may have simply misplaced a card, to never be seen again would be interesting as well.

Last edited by novakjr; 07-23-2011 at 11:12 AM.