View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 11:14 PM
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I think where we disagree is in our point of view towards autographs. You see them purely as a business. I do not. I see them as a natural part of the game in most scenarios. If you go to a show where a player is charging money, that is an entirely different situation than going to the ballpark or spring training to get a few autographs. I don't think asking a player for his autograph has anything to do with business or mooching from a rich person for most of the people asking. I expect a player to stop and sign for fans. Whether or not he signs for me specifically.
I agree, to a degree. Jeter himself has stopped and signed for me for free at least three times that I can remember: while working out with Posada at the Indians old home on Winter Lakes, FL; while stretching before a game at the old stadium; and, while entering the press gate at the old stadium. I've personally witnessed him sign about a zillion things for free for fans over th years. If you had a bad experience, it happens. If I knew you better I'd tell you my Tony Gwynn story when we were both staying at the same hotel back in 1998.

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206