View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 07:49 PM
Paul

My view is that there is $X available in the market for Jeter stuff. I do not think Jeter should apologize for taking a major percentage of that. If people want to pay $50 for a DJ3K Hat, like I did at the game last Saturday, that's their prerogative. Steiner is a mechanism for making sure athletes get the biggest share of the market value of their items. When Jeter signs for free -- and in my life, he has done that for me about a half dozen times at Yankee Stadium and spring training -- he gets nothing for it. That is called leakage.

What you are essentially saying is that you want free things, and that the truly rich should accept more leakage. It is that component of this argument that I find extremely hypocritical, particularly among a group of people on a baseball memorabilia board.

By the way, paid $250 for a Jeter 3000 ticket stub today on eBay (t-206collector). It has his image, unlike my two which have Arod. The person who profited was a ticket speculator. Jeter got nada from that sale. Just something to think about.

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206

Last edited by T206Collector; 07-15-2011 at 07:50 PM.