View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 08:54 PM
Matt

Default Trimmed.....no way.

I bought about 50 real nice 1955 topps baseball cards from the original collector a couple years ago with expectations that most would grade PSA 8 or higher. Out of those real nice cards, one in particular stood out.....it was Stan Hack and I thought it had a chance at a 9. I sent about 15 cards in at first with the Hack among them. Most came back as PSA 8's, one PSA 8.5, and then Hack with an 'evidence of trim' label. I knew for sure it wasn't trimmed because they came from the kid who opened the packs himself back in '55. So, I sent another group of '55 topps in a month or so later, with the Stan Hack again, and this time I got more PSA 8's, some 7.5's and the Hack slabbed in it's correctly graded holder, a PSA 9.

I know it's not an exact science and it's frustrating at times dealing with the grading companies, and I actually had mixed feelings after getting the Hack back the 2nd time because I personally strive to do things right the first time, but I keep going back for more..........isn't that the definition of insanity on my part?

PS...My wife likes to joke with me that collecting 'pictures of old, dead men on cardboard' is a little strange, too.