Thread: Ebay Hindu
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 03:51 PM

Default t206 pelty hindu

hello all!!

great thread Chris!!Anthony, congrats on the price of the hindy pelty, sorry io haven't sent you scans yet of my cards, just been busy but i will, it was a better back as Leon said....i was a bidder and i liked it because of the oversize, but i didn't win it, you guys are absolutely right, i don't even have to see in person to differentiate the card....Erick, you and chris were on the same wave length.....here's the deal...

Since it is near impossible to find a decent dramatic scrap/error, i have shifted my focus to the "rarer" backed t206(need something to fill my compulsive behavoirLOL) .....i have tracked these backs for the last 12 years or so, at least, and have actually experienced their "rarity" in relative terms.....i have passed a ton, i mean literally a ton of the rarer backed t206 like the rest of us, and would regularly pass hindys at $50 and $60 buck, bl @ 80 or so and you all feel my pain and now hind sight is 20/20, i should've picked up at least a few....i had a feeling hindys would blow up one day, because they are a real cool back, just aesthetically pleasing, but i am truly a carolina b kind of guy(Brian , i have tried to back off of these because i knew you collected them)....i wish i had picked up just a small percentage of what i passed up...but looking back i don't regret it as much as i love my freak collection which all my resources went to is far more unique and rarer, not to toot my own horn, and some of my cards are truly one of one's or one of 2 in existence..

the hindu backs are a little inflated to me personally....they should be on average in good condition a $200 card, a little closer to trae....i just picked up one of my first hindu a few weeks ago at that price, and i felt comfortable....

BROADLEAF 350-WAY OVERRATED!! i'm sorry, shoot me, i don't have one yet, not imo worth 1k what they are brining, and i feel there are some bl freaks out there blowing these prices out, and a few are attacking this back(not as rare as the 1k justification for me).....

rarity is a relative term my opinion on t206 back scarcity, which i have re-thought recently............(notice no cobb back)

1) brown lenox(doesn't excite me as much as a brown om tho because brown om is truly printer's scrap)

2) brown om(imo shouldn't be on this list, truly not a production card inserted)

3) bl 460 hands down should be 2 or third if removing brown om

4) Uzit(knocking drum out of it's slot due to the drum find)

5) Drum (there u are)

6) blank back(as stated before, should really not be on the list due to it being a pre-production card

7) Red hindu

8) Lenox

9) Carolina B

10) ab 460

11) bl 350

12) piedy 42

13) hindu brown

14) cycle 460

15) sov 460

16) ab no frame 350

17) sweet cap 350-460 fact 25

18) tolstoi

19) epdg

20) ab 350 frame

this is my vote and observations over the years of the top 20 on the t206 back rarity and scarcity.....prices lately are not reflective of their true "scarcity"....this is just my opinion, and please no one kill me

i am not a back collector per se, but i am interested in t206 scarcity....and like i said am focusing more on these backs.....talking with other back collectors over time, their are some true pros here on this subject = Jim r, Brian W, Wonka, jamie b, jamie h, Art m., Dan m, Jantz , Trae, Martin n,Johnny d, scott r, Larry h, hank l, mike h, david r, Tim, Erick s, Ted(yes i forgive you if u behave Leon of course there are just so many i can't list all the back experts, and please forgive me i have not listed more those are just a few...

So, hindu brown prices, broadleaf 350 prices are just out of their league in price in regards to scarcity in this given market IMO....

Peace

Johnny v