View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 12:03 AM
Mike Schulze

Quote:
Originally Posted by egbeachley View Post
That's a pretty childish reaction. They are very clear that they will only pay out what an item is worth. Same as your homeowners policy and automobile policy. If you buy more than fair value you are wasting your money.

BTW, check your homeowners policy and look to adjust it. Mine had a home valuation from 4-5 years ago and I was able to reduce it and save $200 per year.
My question is... how do they know what my item was worth? There had been no similar sale on Ebay nor in any other auction (that I could find). I had printed proof of what someone was willing to pay for it an auction setting. UPS told me that this was their best estimate.... but could not provide any evidence, just their best estimate. I declared the exact amount (minus shipping costs) at the time of shipping and they gladly took my money for insurance of $300. They allowed me to over-insure but they wouldn't pay the full amount... for their mistake. Childish as it may be... I won't use their services anymore. Screw me once shame on you, screw me twice..... won't happen again!

BTW... thanks for the tip on homeowner's insurance.... that's something I hadn't thought of. It's been 4 years since I've been in my house as well... Thanks. -Mike