View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 06:55 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Klein View Post
Many times the SABR ED, John Zazc, would give people my email address when they had a baseball card question. He knew I would help the people involved and steer them in the right direction.

I did write back to them and again stressed the auction house part. The young man claimed in the EMail that the Yankees offered them $30K --- and I told him that if that was so, the odds are that would be as much as they would get from anyone else ----

As an aside, back in my dealing days, when I managed/owned a store in the 1980's -- many times a person would come in and say they had been offered "x" amount -- when in realty what they said they had been offered, was close to the full 100 percent retail value ----- if not more ----

That sounds like this scenario again

Rich
Rich - If I had a dollar for everyone who has said to me "I have been offered $x" and $x was a ridiculous number, then I could retire now.
Rather than respond to people like that I use my common sense and invoke the first Mark Twain quote in my signature.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 05-21-2011 at 06:57 PM.