View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 10:25 AM
Fr3d mcKi3

Default Hunt Hidden reserves

Quote:
Originally Posted by sports-rings View Post
Someone mentioned Dave being a "good guy". I don't want anyone to think I was implying that he wasn't. I have always liked Dave and his staff and have won some great items over the years.

Their rule #3 says there are no other “hidden” reserves. What the heck does that mean? My whole point was that there is a hidden reserve. Boy am I glad they don't have multiple "hidden" reserves as one is too many.

During my conversation with Hunt today, I was also told that if something does not hit the reserve, it will show on the web site as DNS (did not sell) and we can call them and try to negotiate a transaction.

Not sure how I feel about that.
This may be why I noticed some items in the recent Hunt Robin Roberts auction did not sell even though the bids that you could see online up to the day before the auction ended were not sold even though there were bids that seemed to me to be close to value.

I also wonder if Hunts has their own items in their auctions? I noticed a few items in the Roberts auction that had been in a recently completed Huggins and Scott auction. After buying and paying the juice to H&S, then relisting in Hunts a month later would seem to be a stretch for a collector to sell on Hunts with them taking out 15% or so consignment fee.

A few of the items I referenced from the H&S auction ended up not selling in the Hunt auction even though they had, as I said significant bids. Some did sell.

I guess they did not meet the secret reserve. Looking in the completed auction section on Hunts site there were quite a few DNS (Did not sell) listed, so I guess there were quite a few hidden reserves.