View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 11:51 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default a big part

I am not necessarily a high grade collector at all. I like eye appeal and will pay for it. When I find a card that is priced at the numeric grade, has awesome eye appeal for that grade, then I tend to buy it more often. I had been looking for a T205 Cobby forever. Even though you can literally find at least 10 every single day to buy (including ebay) you almost never see ones that don't have some sort of distraction to them. So far I have not seen any 6's that look better than this one I very recently acquired. Almost none of the 7's even look as good, except for the tiny bit of corner wear. The only thing about this one is that it had a speck of dirt on his cheek. As I told several friends that is all I could see.....not the beauty of the card. Two to three days ago I went ahead and cracked it from it's SGC 70 holder (*it's now raw) and the speck of dirt literally flew off of his cheek. I didn't even touch the card. Now I just need it back into a holder, for protection, and I am as good as gold (border)......So the short answer is eye appeal counts more than the number on the slab to me...or even it's technical grade regardless of it being slabbed or not. regards
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pt205cobb2.jpg (60.2 KB, 393 views)

Last edited by Leon; 05-12-2011 at 08:20 PM. Reason: gramma'