View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 04:25 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Re-read post #54

Edited to add: Nevermind, you don't have to go back and re-read it. Let me post it again:

As a nation, when did we start respecting the burial customs of our enemies? We've killed tens of thousands of Muslims in the war on terror. Are you telling me that our government ensured that they each received a proper Muslim burial?

This was done for pure political reasons so that we would not ruffle any feathers in the Muslim world. Otherwise, why even announce how he was buried? Is it important?

And to anybody that thinks he deserved a proper Muslim burial, I have a question for you. Had we captured him alive instead, should he have received a proper Muslim trial?
No trial. We know what he is. The world knows what he is. He get's what he got. The world is better off. The burial on the other hand is a different story. It wasn't about respect for him, but for the core of his religious beliefs and as a symbol to others that share in those beliefs... It's called humanity. Some justice was served in death and you leave it at that. In most religions, a non-proper burial is viewed as desecration and sacrilege. Here in the US, we are not in the business of supporting the defiling of dead bodies(which in many religions are viewed as a temple), and disrespecting the religious beliefs of others. For ANY reason.