View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 11:19 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default ya never know

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbob View Post
Blair- I agree but the large number of bids is an indicator that collectors want to be able to be eligible to bid on the last night and might be an indicator of late activity, I guess we'll see.
tbob
Ya never know where bids will end up on the last night/morning. No doubt most of the first bids are marker bids and it does look like some folks put in max bids, as I was outbid on some instantly. I have had bids hold up from day one though....it just depends on the item. If it is a rare back T206 going for 1/5 of the money it should, you can count on it not holding up. If it is more niche or esoteric, it actually could. It's always interesting to see how long my bids will hold. It's sort of funny too in that if they all held up I would be looking for a second mortgage . "Non paying bidder?".....how about "Can't afford to pay- Bidder" ......Good luck to all who go for something. Of course I have my eye on a lot or two so please stay away from those. It's all those high grade cards I am after....