View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 01:13 PM
Ben L

Default 1922 Columbia Univeristy Yearbook w/ Lou Gehrig

This is the 1922 Columbia University Yearbook, the Columbian. Lou Gehrig was a freshman at Columbia in 1922. He listed as being a member of the Phi Delta Theta fraternity. He is also listed as being a member of the freshman class. There is a photo of the freshman class but I can't pick Gehrig out.

The book is a big one, containing 555 pages. The original owner's name is written inside as Earl Freshman, class of 1922. Many classmates have signed the front and rear endpages and added their graduation year. Unfortunately, no Gehrig!

I've uploaded a few photos of the baseball and football sections. These include some really nice shots of games being played on the university's campus.

The book is complete but has separated from the covers. It is a very clean separation and the binding is still nice and tight. Could easily be glued but I leave that to the new owner. Otherwise, the book is in very nice condition with no significant issues. Inside is very clean.

Price is $70.00 plus $5.00 Media Mail or 10.95 Priority. Please email or PM me if interested.

Last edited by IronHorse2130; 04-19-2011 at 12:24 PM.