View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 10:33 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Frank, fair enough. It's just that I've seen many collections where they had balls, pictures, etc etc that were signed "To" someone, yet they didn't get them in person. There's no way to know who actually signed them unless you were there, or have "known" exemplars of the sig or writing to help make the determination (by the way, the rest of the writing looks bad too).
It's very easy to have an actual authentic sig be deemed bad. Maybe the signer was having a bad day, was sick...whatever...just enough to make his sig a little different. It's not the authenticators job to guess that maybe that was the situation so they would probably determine it wan not good. As easy as that is, there is no way to make a really bad sig authentic...which is the case here. Sorry, but that's not just my opinion. Many people here that could blow my knowledge away are thinking the same thing.
I think we would all appreciate you letting us know what the outcome is of the Mantle ball. Good luck in your future transactions.