View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 01:18 AM
Greg

Jarrod,

Thanks for your comments about that version of the PSA case for the '54 Aaron. Good to know this. The difference in font size for the PSA label was also a cause for concern for me and looked different compared to all I have.

As for the condition of the case - it looks much better against a white background than against a black one under light. I'll post the "seller photo" where the case looks good with the white background, and it's tough to see the cases flaws. With a strong light and black background, you can see just about every imperfection in the case including minor scuffs and clouding. I get alarmed when you see just about every low dollar card you own in a flawless case, and high dollar "key" rookie cards in cases that look suspect and handled - makes me now wonder. There is no reason for it.

As for the card itself I am focussing on several issues of concern.

I have looked at over 100+ cards ( on ebay ), and could not find another AAron rookie that had the bottom of his jersey bleed into the border with the exception of two other cards on ebay. One is a raw Aaron ungraded and listed on ebay right now for 554.99 that has the same issues as my psa 8 oc Aaron: (1) red specs/printers marks to the left of the braves logo, (2) the bottom of the jersey bleeding into the bottom border under magnification, (3) a grey dash above the fielding figure of Aaron, and (4) an indentation along the left border when the color changes from orange to grey ( see that? the whole grey section moves in slightly - weird ! ) It looks like the same card except for the centering and imperfections. I could also not find these issues on other 1954 cards of different players with the orange background or the Braves logo. So it makes me wonder - all of this AND a tampered case? hmmm

I was curious to know if other people had Aaron's with these issues, again thanks for the help, your thoughts and for taking a look. Real or fake?

I have enclosed a few more photos:

1) the seller photo against a white background
2-4) each of the issues
5) the ungraded Aaron on ebay right now, that looks similar to mine issue wise

So do you think I should send it into PSA and can they help verify?
All the best, cheers

Greg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SellerPhoto54PSA8oc.jpg (64.8 KB, 148 views)
File Type: jpg z544.jpg (33.4 KB, 147 views)
File Type: jpg z545.jpg (40.2 KB, 146 views)
File Type: jpg z546.jpg (74.1 KB, 147 views)
File Type: jpg ebay55499.jpg (78.2 KB, 146 views)