Old 03-26-2011, 07:34 PM
Travis W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOF Yankees View Post
hey Travis, beauty cards and welcome to the site
thanks I appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls7plus View Post
Sorry Travis, I don't know where I got Edward from either. The misnomer probably occurred because my earlier post was made at 3:48 am! But these truly are beautiful cards, and I agree with Adam re the Williams. I intend to go back to purchase the stars and hall-of-famers sometime in the future. The pure connoiseur in me (as opposed to my investment-oriented half) demands it!

Best of luck in your collecting!

Larry
I hear ya there bud...sometimes there's cards that you just gotta have! Thanks for the comment and kind words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostdone View Post
What's the best deal (in your opinion) you have found so far in putting this set together? I bought my Clemente rookie PSA 3 for $250 and was pretty good with that. Then when I recieved the card the seller threw in 9 other Clemente cards with it (from 59 and into the 60's) Still can't believe it. I'm not sure he knew what he was doing
hmmm...I guess in terms of good deals, I'd have to go with a lot that I purchased. It included the Dusty Rhodes, Warren Spahn and 20 or so other cards and I got it for a little over $100 if memory serves, so I thought that was a pretty good pickup That's pretty damn cool that the guy threw in a bunch of freebie clemente's...can't go wrong with that!!

2 more in the mail today, so down to the final 10 that I need to wrap this baby up!! here are my latest additions:

#193 - Johnny Sain

#195 - Ed Roebuck