View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 12:53 AM
John Michael

Default Era comparison....................................

A while back I read an article in a Card magazine that compared the top pre and post era sets. The writer wrote that the majority of serious dealers and collectors felt that the post war '52 Topps set was the post war version of the T206, in terms of being the no. 1 set of the era in value, demand, and popularity. He went on to right that the '52 Topps Mantle is to post war sets what the T206 Wagner is to pre war sets-- it was a relative comp. as it is understood that the Wagner cards scarcity and value is by far greater.

He also wrote that the 1953 Bowman color cards are widely regarded as the most beautiful of the post war issues. Now the purpose for the thread............I can't remember if he said the T205 gold borders or the Turkey Reds were widely regarded by the serious collectors and dealors as the most beautiful of the pre war issues?

Your opinions are welcome, but I'm really looking for the set that has, through the years, been the most publisized as being the most beautiful of the pre war sets. The T205 or the Turkey Reds?