View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 08:08 AM
Paul

Default I really don't think...

I really don't think it's a newbie thing, per se. I think its a baseball thing. One of the things that makes baseball great, and distinguishes it from the other sports, is that it is played every day for 6-7 months. T206s are similarly available on a day-to-day basis, generally speaking. If you get the collecting itch, it can be immediately scratched.

I really specialize in signed T206s these days. But if I limited my collecting to just signed T206 exclusively, I'd be pretty bored sometimes since I often go many many months between signed T206 acquisitions. That is, frankly, one of the reasons I recently started collecting doubles and triples of signed T206 cards. It keeps me more active, more frequently. I also expanded my horizons to all signed pre-1917 cards generally, with a particular growing interest in signed T201s and T205s.

It should also be said that T206s are a legendary set, along with 33 Goudey and 52 Topps. Those are the "Big 3." And there is always something alluring about chasing the set called "The Monster", knowing that it can never be fully completed because of Wagner and Doyle.

There are a whole host of rationale, healthy and terrific reasons to pursue T206 cards. Availability is certainly a meaningful component of why so many of us pursue it.

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206

Last edited by T206Collector; 03-04-2011 at 08:09 AM.