View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 10:07 PM
Travis W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geor952 View Post
I thoroughly enjoy completing sets and especially like the commons. So many of them I haven't seen before and can really appreciate the fresh photos and scanning the backgroud for period signs, fans, etc. I know what all the stars look like and am always excited for the first time I see a card I don't recognize. Complete the set! Your Koufax and Killer are very nice. Keep us updated and enjoy the chase!
that's an interesting perspective...and its true too. we all know what the stars look like but some of these other guys a lot of us may not be familiar with...so building a set like this is almost a history lesson in a way

well I finally have my first update! these two were waiting for me in the mail when I got home tonight, and I dare say this is likely the biggest update of any that will follow because it includes the big kahuna!!

#2 Ted Williams

and the motherlode...

#164 Roberto Clemente!! (that nasty lookin scratch thing running down the side of his hat is from my scanner by the way not on the card )

still got some more I'm waiting on...one of the things I bought was from a seller in Canada so it may take a while to get here lol. Thanks for looking!

Last edited by VinTX; 04-13-2011 at 12:39 PM.