View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 03:31 PM
Jesse Rosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
My point is does it matter if the auction has 9 bidders, 19 bidders or 29 bidders as long as it sells for what it should? No, who cares about the number of bidders? The only thing that matters is the hammer price and I repeat the statement I made earlier. He hasn't missed a beat.
See that is where I disagree. You have a higher chance of getting more money for an item if there are more bidders(not more bids, more bidDERs). So yes, it is an auction system, and his cards will still sell no matter what, but the point is that the price wont get driven up as much since there won't be as many interested bidders. That is economics 101 and I won't argue it any further.

The second point is that what did he GAIN by not refunding? Since it is so easy for him to sell items, he could have just as easily issued the refund, and then re-listed the card, and resold it(unless of course the under bidder was his shill account =P). Would have cost him a few shipping fees to save all this negative PR. Now, whenever you search for carters cards on Google, this thread is the number one result, and I guarantee that most people who are checking him out will see "beware of carters cards" and not bother reading 50+ pages of postings.

Peace,
Jesse Rosen

Last edited by jezzeaepi; 03-01-2011 at 03:32 PM.